300g red lentil flour
100g plain flour (I used type 00)
A pinch of salt
For the condiment:
1 large zucchini
100g black olives
- Blend red lentils until you reach a powdery consistency.
- In a bowl, mix red lentil flour, all purpose flour, water and a pinch of salt. Transfer to a working surface and knead until you have a smooth dough (you can add some more water if the dough is too dry and vice-versa). The dough is tougher than usual.
- Cut a part of your dough and start rolling it using a rolling pin. Add some flour to avoid the dough sticking to the working surface.
- Transfer on top of the “Guitar” and with a rolling pin, push the dough through the strings until you get the spaghetti.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with the condiment of your choice. I used zucchini, cherry tomatoes, black olives and pine nuts.
Things you might need
*Affiliate links. Picky Chickpea might receive a small incentive when a product is bougth.