400g of flour (I used type 0)
200g of water
A pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix flour, water and salt. Transfer to a working surface and knead until you have a smooth dough (you can add some more water if the dough is too dry and vice-versa).
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After the resting time, cut a part of your dough and start rolling it using a pasta machine and make the pasta sheets.
- Add some flour to avoid the dough sticking to the working surface. Press basil leaves and edible flowers on top of pasta sheets, top with another pasta layer and roll it again in the pasta machine (I normally use width 5).
- Once you have rolled the pasta sheets you can make the fettuccine.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add your fettuccine making sure not to overcook, it will take less than 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a sauce of your choice.
Things you might need
*Affiliate links. Picky Chickpea might receive a small incentive when a product is bougth.